Conditions of Use
The University of Illinois Library
and The University of Illinois Press
remind their patrons that they may not reproduce, alter, or transmit any image
without written permission. Users of the images and texts accessible through
this Web site agree to the following conditions of use:
- These images and texts are for educational use only and may not be used for any
non-educational or commercial purpose. Approved educational uses include faculty research,
teaching and student projects.
- These images and texts may not be redistributed in any form for any purpose without
the prior written permission of the contributor.
- The images and text provided by the contributing institutions and individuals through
this project remain the intellectual property of the contributors, not the University of Illinois.
- Users are not permitted to download
images and texts provided through this project in order to mount them
on their own servers for public use or for use by a set of subscribers.
Mirror sites may be set up to facilitate classroom or other use only by
arrangement with the Project Coordinator. It is not in the best interests
of our users to mount subsets of these holdings on other servers, as the
data is being continuously updated.
- Although this site is publicly-accessible, not all material available here is in
the public domain. The majority of the images, text, and data are copyrighted
to their original print publishers and are made available here with permission.
- Please note that the use of separate elements of this site, out of context, may
lessen their informative value. In general, the database structure in
which the map information is presented may be essential to understanding
If you have questions about uses of these
images not covered in this document, please contact Digital Content Creation.