- One Day Onsite workshops: $130/person (includes lunch)
- Five Week Online workshops: $150/person
Metadata for You & Me is intended for professionals engaged in sharing metadata resources with colleagues, regional & state-wide consortia, Open Archives Initiative harvesters and service providers, or other data sharing partners. It is not intended as a basic training program in metadata. Participants in the workshop should be:
- Familiar with metadata standards such as Dublin Core, VRACore, MARC, MODS, etc.
- Familiar with the concepts of metadata aggregation or federation, such as Z39.50, Open Archives Initiative, metasearch, etc. (technical knowledge of the protocols is not required.)
- Familiar with your local metadata, such as standards and controlled vocabularies used, systems employed, etc.
Participants should also be prepared to share examples of local catalog or metadata records with their colleagues.
Online Course Requirements
- Access to the Internet to Particiapte in Online Coursework.
- Some users may need to update their browsers to use Compass. See the Browser Tune-up for more information.
- Online participants should expect to spend between 2-3 hours per week reading course materials and participating in weekly discussions and exercises.
MYM is uable to accept online payment at this time. After completing the online registration form you will be asked to print out a form to send with your check or credit card payment.
A limited number of scholarships are available for upcoming workshops. Find out if you are eligable to apply