Class Celebration of Primary Sources (Lesson 6)
Created By: Debbie Hohulin, Gibson City Melvin Sibley Elementary School (Gibson City, IL)
Grade Level: 1st
Content Area: Social Studies, Language Arts, Fine Arts, Technology
Database Integration: Students will
learn about the TDC
database, and use it for a final project.
Background information for the teacher:
Main page to access TDC database.
- LCD Projector
- Primary Source Poster
- Artifacts displayed
- Class book of TDC artifact photographs
- Four Posters of primary sources for Abraham Lincoln
- Everyone's Personal Primary Source Shoebox
- Cookies and punch
- Cups and napkins
- Digital camera to take pictures
- A. Invitations
to families, principal, librarian, etc has already been sent.
- B. Class divided into four tour guide groups. After everyone is there, tell them that
they are welcome to walk around and each of the groups will explain
each station ( Primary Source Poster, Artifacts, Artifact class book,
and Posters of primary sources for Abraham Lincoln)
- C. Everyone return to their seats and I demonstrate the TDC
website using the LCD projector.
- D. Then we have an open
time of refreshments and all the kids can share their
Personal Primary Source Shoeboxes with our visitors and each other!
To observe the excitement and conversation of all!
Changes for next lesson:
Lesson Plans in this Unit: