World War II Veteran Interview Project
Created By: Paul Hohulin, Centennial High School (Champaign, IL)
Content Area: U.S. History
- Students will conduct videotaped
interviews with World War II veterans for their special project in U.S.
History. Students will be responsible for setting up the interview from
a list of contacts provided by the teacher. The students will conduct
interviews in groups of four.
- Students may conduct the
interviews in room 119 at Centennial High School or at another setting
of their choice. Each student will select one of the following duties
in their group:
- 1- Interviewer- formulates interview questions and conducts the interview
- 2- Camera person- videotapes the interview
- 3- Computer technician - responsible for editing and titling the interview
- 4- Producer- responsible for coordinating the interview
- Digitized pictures of artifacts that
the veteran may have i.e. (medals, pictures, uniforms, papers, etc)
may be used in the video. Maps and pictures from library archives may
also be used.
Students will be graded on the following categories:
- 2-Technical competence
- 3-Historical background
- 4-Interview questions
Final video should be at
least 30 minutes in length. Students have three weeks to complete the
project from start to finish.